Tuesday 13 February 2018

Santiago airport & Latam lounge review

Transiting from international to domestic flights on latam airline requires me to re-clear immigration and security and re-claim baggage at the airport. Santiago airport is a fairly small airport despite being the capital of Chile. There are a couple of souvenir shops at the departures level. 

Latam airlines has a separate premium check-in facility one level above economy check-in. It is not clearly signposted and I knew about it because I had done homework. Check-in and baggage drop can be done for both international and domestic flights. There is a link towards a premium security check with no queues and the lounge immediately after that. On this trip, I was only able to use the lounge once for my SCL-MEX flight. And after the nice shower in the lounge, I hardly had any time to enjoy in the lounge before it was boarding time.

For domestic flight, I was directed towards the domestic terminal a short walk away from the international terminal, both under the same roof. The domestic security queue was long but moved fast.

The domestic terminal airside was quite basic, with just a few eateries and no lounge for business class passengers. The international terminal airside on the other hand was full of souvenir and duty-free shops after exiting the lounge. 



Santiago airport X'mas tree

showcase Easter Island moai

At the gate area in Santiago airport. Easter island is displayed as I. Pascua.