Thursday 9 August 2018

My September travel map

I'm getting excited for my upcoming September travel. It felt great to be able to travel again. Really thankful for the opportunity to experience and see the world. However, this is going to be a quick round-the-trip. A teaser for my year-end trip. Haha!

I have once again used the free online great circle mapper to chart my upcoming travel itinerary. It gets easier to use with every practice.

map

After having traveled for ten years, this will literally be my first ever round-the-world trip, in an easterly direction.

In the past, I have thought about and tried to plan such an itinerary, but it didn't really work out due to my limited budget. 

Fortunately, this time around, I managed to find and book, at a reasonable cost, my one-way, Fiji Airways flight from Singapore via Nadi to Los Angeles, then coming back from the United States on SQ business class via Frankfurt. The latter flight is the sole reason I even embarked on this trip.

Not all segments on the travel map will be flown though. As Philadelphia is close to New York City, I'll be trying out the inter-city bus instead.

With this trip, there will be some 'firsts':
Fiji Airways A330
Fiji Island
American Airlines
Orlando
Frontier Airlines, a budget airline in the U.S.

And I will be revisiting Los Angeles, Philadelphia and New York City.

In Los Angeles, I have previously been to Hollywood, Universal Studios and Disneyland. I think there's more to Los Angeles than just these touristy attractions. So on this trip, I hope to do a city bus tour instead.

In Philadelphia, I'll probably be wandering around on foot or do a city bus tour as well.

In New York City, I would like to visit Central Park. I have been there multiple times, most recently in June this year. But never to Central Park, which is apparently quite famous over there.

Yup. My upcoming trip is more or less fixed. Keeping my fingers crossed now! 😉