Friday 10 August 2018

Oman Air flight review Zurich - Muscat - Delhi

After a great day of sightseeing in the Swiss alps, it's time to make my way back to Zurich airport for my flight.

It's a great experience to take the swiss tram to the airport, with a stop just outside the airport terminal.

There is literally no one at the Oman Air check in area. Probably because I checked in rather late due to the unforseen circumstance in my previous post. But still well within the check in time limit. 

Though I have a connecting flight with Oman Air, the check-in agent is at first unable to issue my onward boarding pass to Delhi due to a rather long layover at Muscat. Eventually, he must be able to as he passed me this boarding pass when we met again at the departure gate itself. A nice gesture. Haha!

Excited to try out Oman Air B787 dreamliner. I liked the aircraft livery!

Oman Air is a full service airline. Economy class passengers on this sector get a pillow, blanket. There is even an amenity kit with the exterior featuring its London route.

Economy class PTV with many decent options

Appetizer and drinks service to start

Followed by a hot meal

Simple breakfast upon landing on this overnight sector

At the time of taking this flight, Muscat's new airport terminal has opened. There are jetbridges at the aircraft gates now. The terminal interior features wide walking spaces with travelators, clean toilets. Basically, the entire terminal felt new. 

However, airside eateries are still limited. There are fastfood options though. 


As a tourist, I need visa to enter Oman. Fortunately, there is electronic visa available. So I applied online before arriving in Muscat. I believe there is visa on arrival application as well. 

Majority of the airport passengers seem to be connecting through Muscat on Oman Air. There were much more people in the airside compared to landside. This implies minimum queues at immigration.

Muscat is a fascinating country to visit, though there weren't many tourists on the streets, much less Asian tourists. Anyway, I shall leave my one day Muscat tour to a subsequent post.

I shall now move on to my connecting Oman Air flight Muscat - Delhi.

This is the B737max aircraft, relatively new, joined Oman Air this year.



For a narrowbody aircraft, it is impressive to feature PTV in economy class.


A hot meal is served on this short, overnight sector, together with one of the smallest bottle I have come across!

I'm really glad to have experienced these Oman Air economy flight sectors. Service, food and entertainment is great! 

Probably because it is competing with the likes of ME3 carriers - Emirates, Etihad and Qatar, for Asia and Europe connecting passengers.

In the distant future, if an opportunity arises, I would like to try its business class offerings. Given that it regularly holds fare sales between Asia and Europe.