Friday 30 December 2016

Reflecting on 2016

As 2016 comes to a close, now is the time to do self reflection on the year gone by. For me, 2016 has been a great year. I have been to some of the world's most beautiful places. These pictures below should sum them up nicely.

Santorini's blue domed church in Greece

Geysir in Iceland

Icebergs in Alaska

the Norwegian fjords and the Northern Lights

As my bucket list destinations become fulfilled one by one, I have since reduced my travelling over the years.

After having caught the travel bug for some years now, I count my blessings and considers myself fortunate enough to travel. To me, travelling is about discovering the world and broadening my experiences. As I venture into the unknown, I learn many things that books can't teach me. It is these memories that encourage me to continue to travel.

Life is too short to have any regrets. I want to travel while I still can. No one can predict what will happen tomorrow. 

My travels have taken me to 40 countries at last count, including Singapore. I'm glad and thankful that my bucket list of places that I want to visit has all been fulfilled.