Saturday 31 December 2016

2017 New Year Resolutions

Today is the last day of 2016. Tomorrow will be the start of 2017. After taking stock of 2016, now is the appropriate moment to think about my new year resolutions.

In 2017, my biggest wish is for me and my family's good health. This is the most important. With good health, we can then enjoy our life and pursue our dreams.

As I continue to pursue my dreams, there will be changes to my career. It will be a new environment for me, albeit in the same sector. In this day and age, it is not easy to find good jobs to earn a living. In Singapore and elsewhere, unemployment seems to be going up. Nevertheless, jobs are still available to those who don't mind a lower pay and a less than ideal working environment. 

Yup, so I will work hard, earn a decent income, and take good care of my health. Only with this can I continue to pursue my hobby :)

This brings me to my travels. As my bucket list destinations are all fulfilled, and with the new year approaching, this is a good time to add some places to my dream list. It is always good to have goals to keep me focused in my life. And my goals will be the places that I'm keen to visit.

Some places I will like to visit in 2017 and possibly beyond: Eastern Europe, Russia, Dublin, South Africa and South America.

These are not in any order. When I will visit depends on my budget, the time of year and the season as well. Nor are they my bucket list of destinations. I will not regret if I don't get to visit them. Just some goals for me.

With that, I look forward to 2017 !