Sunday 18 December 2016

Stockholm '16

This is the last leg of my journey in Northern Norway and Sweden to see the Northern Lights. The overnight SJ train arrived into Stockholm on time, slightly past ten in the morning. My return flight back to Singapore departs at 2130. That gives me one whole day to explore Stockholm.

This is the second time I visited Stockholm, so I did not visit the City Hall to see the red horse.

After arriving at Stockholm train station, I went to find the luggage lockers. Unfortunately, they are all credit card operated which I'm not sure if I can use. So I took the airport train to the airport as I'm sure there will be either manned or coin-operated ones there. It turns out those will credit card operated as well. Fortunately, the manned counter person was willing to help store the luggage for the same cost. I'm not sure if he did it for others. After the luggage were taken care off, I took the same train back to the city.

I chanced upon the hop-off-hop-on bus which is always a great way to explore the city.

Swedish train







Stockholm tram

Stockholm decked out in lights

As night falls, soon it was time to head back to Stockholm train station for the ride to the airport. The airport train always leaves from platforms 1 or 2. There are automatic and manned ticket counters at the airport and at the Stockholm central train station. Very convenient for tourists.

No comments: