Monday 29 April 2019

Tour of South Korea part 2

My Asiana Airlines flight from the United States brought me back to South Korea, where I'll be spending a few days wandering around Seoul, the capital of South Korea.

I have visited Seoul many years ago, so in this trip, I will be returning to some of the attractions, some of them familiar, as well as cover new attractions that I have yet to visit.

Palace hopping! Seoul's palaces are located close to each other, making it easy to explore its history in a day.



After a day of visiting palaces, I visited Seoul tower.

Nice view of the city of Seoul 😀




In a "plane" with some famous personalities haha!


In an ice cave

One of South Korea's famous cuisine is the ginseng chicken. In Seoul, this is the famed eatery to try the excellent dish.

Costing ~S$15, this filling meal comes with side dishes, with big pots of kimchi.

There are two theme parks in Seoul: Everland and Lotte World, both of which I am visiting for the first time.

Everland !



Lotte World, an indoor theme park with an outdoor component.


The outdoor castle, quite similar to the Disneyland castle


Both theme parks are beautifully set up and definitely worth a visit when in Seoul. I'm glad I have the opportunity to visit both!

While in Seoul for a couple of days, I stayed at various hostels just to try out the accommodations. I shall review and compare these hostels in a subsequent post.