Tuesday 2 April 2019

Black Sheep Hostel, Killarney, Ireland review

I stayed at the Black Sheep Hostel, Killarney, Ireland for 2 nights. It is located towards the end of Killarney town. I need to stay in Killarney mainly for the purpose of visiting the Ring of Kerry. This hostel offers low rates for the dates that I intend to stay. It turns out to be a great choice !

I have stayed in many other hostels around the world previously. And the Black Sheep hostel is one of my favourite, and possibly one of the best hostels around, in my opinion.

I turned up at the hostel without a booking. Fortunately, there is availability and the cost of a night's stay is reasonable. Every room is uniquely named after a country. I was assigned the 'India' room. Every bed in a shared dormitory comes with a curtain for complete privacy. Beside each bed, there are power sockets to charge my devices.


The town of Killarney is decked out in Christmas !

Double deck beds with curtain for privacy

The 'India' room has a window with a street view

My room for 2 nights!

Some Art Deco at the staircase landing

At the entrance of the hostel


The hostel provides complimentary shared breakfast for all guests.


Dining room in the hostel

For the price I paid, this hostel stay is so great that I stayed for another night, after touring the ring of Kerry.


Killarney is an interesting town to wander around. It is a small town, so its easy and safe to get around on foot, day or night.