Wednesday 3 April 2019

Gothenburg in a day

From Belfast, Ireland, I took a night flight on budget carrier Ryanair to London, spent the night in London Gatwick airport, followed by a next day morning flight on another budget carrier Norwegian Airline to Gothenburg, Sweden. From the airport, there is an bus that stops in the city.

This is my first time visiting the city of Gothenburg. I have previously been to Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, as well as ride on the Swedish Arctic Circle express train, to as far as Narvik up north. The purpose of which is to see the northern lights, a phenomenon that happens during winter in the northern hemisphere.

Having seen the northern lights, I did not intend to visit the northernmost cities in Scandinavia again. Rather, I would just visit Gothenburg city before boarding my Turkish Airlines flight to Seoul, South Korea.

The Universeum is Gothenburg's science centre, zoo, aquarium and nature combined into one. Since I had time to spend in the city, I decided to explore this place.




A temperature-controlled rainforest

Aquarium


Wandering along the cobblestone streets of Gothenburg

Gothenburg is not as touristy as Stockholm, but it does have some attractions to offer for tourists. It is worthwhile to spend a day to check out this pleasant city. The Universeum is a paid entry and worth exploring for the plenty of exhibits. After spending the day in Gothenburg, it is time to board the airport bus for my flight out of Europe and back to Asia!