Saturday 6 April 2019

Turkish Airline Gothenburg to Istanbul to Seoul economy class flight review

Turkish Airlines is one of my favourite airlines. Being a full service carrier, it offers great food and drinks even in economy class. There is an onboard chef on some flights as well. Though the chef is usually assigned to business class, I have seen and even chatted with a chef while he was helping out in economy class. 

Another great thing is that Turkish Airlines is a member of star alliance so I can earn some miles on the flight. Also, I had previous great experience at its lounge in Istanbul airport! Unfortunately, at the time of this flight, I hadn't gold status with star alliance so could not access the wonderful lounge. Probably I'll take Turkish Airlines again this year and try out its new lounge at the new Istanbul airport. 😁

I booked this flight way in advance at a promotional price for the return flights from Gothenburg, Sweden to Istanbul, Turkey to Seoul, South Korea. A total of 4 flight sectors. The first flight is on a B737 aircraft and the second flight is on the B77W aircraft.

The lego-themed in flight safety video is very interesting !

Leaving Europe !

Great meal service by Turkish Airlines 😀



There is camera to see the aircraft movement from the PTV.

Because of my trip schedule, I had to forfeit my return ticket from Seoul back to Gothenburg since I intended to get to America rather than Europe after visiting South Korea.

Overall, two enjoyable flights with Turkish Airlines. As a star alliance gold member, it is even great to visit the lounge at Istanbul airport, one of the best star alliance gold access lounge in the world, in my opinion.