Wednesday 25 September 2019

Bangkok Airport Star Alliance Lounges and Thai Airways A350 Bangkok to Frankfurt flight review

Bangkok airport has always impressed me with its ornate displays at the check-in areas. 



Just like SQ at Changi Airport, Thai Airways has separate check-in areas for its premier class passengers and star alliance gold members at Bangkok airport. It is located towards one end of the terminal.

Upon check-in and past the formalities, I have access to quite a few lounges. There are a total of 3 lounges I can access based on my star alliance gold status: Turkish airlines lounge, Silverkris lounge and Thai Airways lounges spread out in the terminal.


I decided to check out the Turkish Airlines lounge first.


Few patrons since the turkish airlines flight is not yet departing.


The buffet spread has sufficient varieties.



Relaxing after a shower in the lounge and before the flight.

Plenty of comfortable seating in the lounge

Traditional coffee or tea

Turkish Airlines lounge is certainly great to rest in before the flight. Shower amenities are provided as well, I think.

With that, I decided to move over to Silverkris lounge. SQ operates quite a number of daily flights to Bangkok. Surprisingly, its lounge is packed and much smaller than Turkish Airlines lounge.

There appears to be more buffet dishes in this lounge. 

As I had some food in the Turkish Airlines lounge, I just have some light bites and great ice-cream in the Silverkris lounge.


There is a bar where I can order cocktail from the bartender.

As it is soon time for boarding my flight, I did not have the chance to visit Thai Airways lounge this time. In comparison, I think Turkish Airlines lounge has a better ambience to relax while Silverkris lounge offers more varieties of food and beverages.


Thai Airways A350 aircraft

In Thai Airways A350 economy class


A great feature is its tail cam so I can see the plane flying!

First meal

Second meal

Thai Airways offers great meal service on its long haul economy class flight. It also helps that the A350 aircraft offers better seat comfort and cabin atmosphere. The flight landed in Frankfurt, Germany more or less on time and this marks the beginning of a great trip to come😀