Sunday 29 September 2019

Easyjet flight Berlin, Germany to Helsinki, Finland review

In Berlin, I took an early morning uber ride from my hotel at central station to the airport. It was a self check-in process followed by security screening. I would be taking Easyjet flight, a European budget airline with buy-on-board services. So I had my breakfast at this cafe in the departure area.


My flight on this A320 aircraft to Helsinki, Finland !

  At Helsinki airport, I took a train to the central station.
Two coupled trains at helsinki central station



I have visited Helsinki previously. Since I had time before boarding my train, I decided to explore the station surrounds.


A great day in the city!


Helsinki 2019 !




Before boarding my train ride, I went to the nearby supermarket to stock up on food supplies for the next week. This train will take me into St Petersburg and Moscow, Russia, where I will embark on my epic seven day transiberian railway journey to Vladivostok in the far east.

Other than flying and taking the train, one can also take the ferry to Helsinki. The advantage of taking ferry is to visit St Petersburg for a couple of days visa-free, something which I intend to explore in the near future. 😀

In the next post, I shall detail my adventures in Russia!