Thursday 5 September 2019

My mid year travel map !

Since my last post, I have embarked on some more overseas trips this year. It is time to update on my travels soon, before I forget about them haha!

After visiting Bandung, Indonesia in February, I went to Tasmania, Australia in March, then my mega trip, followed by short trips to Hainan Island, China and Phuket, Thailand in June. Finally, my most recent trip is to Hong Kong, Taiwan and Xiamen in August.

Out of these trips I have taken, the one that leaves the most memories in me would have to be the mega trip this June. Before I continue further, here is my travel map for this particular trip:map
This is not my originally intended routing. My plan at first was to fly direct from South Africa to Europe, instead of returning to Singapore, thus forming a travel route with a four-sided shape of sorts. I even have confirmed ticket for this flight. But due to my commitments, I had to make changes to my travel plans, right up to the last minute, just before my travel commence. Fortunately, I was able to get a full refund for that flight. So this is now my updated travel map.

Still, I have an enjoyable time on this trip, mainly because:
1) I have set foot on my 6th continent to date.
2) I have visited Russia.
3) I have taken the famed Trans-Siberian railway across Russia
4) I get to visit the cities I have wanted to see - Berlin, Frankfurt, St Petersburg, Moscow and Tottori

I will be reviewing my trips across these wonderful cities in my subsequent posts.😀