Saturday 28 December 2019

Cathay Dragon economy class flight Hong Kong to Xiamen

Since I had free time today, I might as well catch up on my trip reviews. I had wanted to keep up on my posts during my trip. And had brought along my laptop for this purpose. But then procrastination sets in every time I stayed at a hotel. Haha ! Looks like next time I will not bring it along, and save the hassle at the airport screening process.

At Hong Kong airport the next morning to catch my Cathay Dragon flight, I spotted two SQ planes parked beside each other at the airport. SQ operates many daytime flights between Singapore and Hong Kong, along with Cathay Pacific, which also operates a daily overnight flight in both directions.


My short flight to Xiamen is on an A330, with 2-4-2 seating configuration in economy class.


The economy class seat comes with a PTV and USB port. Always great to fly on a widebody aircraft.

Meal service that morning consisted of merely a bun and water. Still better than nothing.
 
The short flight up to Xiamen

Arriving at Xiamen airport

That's my flight again

After immigration procedures, I left my luggage at the manned counter in the airport terminal. It only costs me 8 yuan to store my luggage for 5 hours. Very cheap!

After that, I had my lunch in the airport too then proceeded to wait for the Xiamen sightseeing bus, which fortunately passes by the airport.

There was a change of bus at its bus terminal, so I just wandered around the lake area.

Xiamen sightseeing bus

Xiamen 胡里山 district







After a day of sightseeing, I returned to the bus stop for the sightseeing bus back to the airport.



Xiamen has another major tourist attraction, 鼓浪屿. Unfortunately, that requires a full day and involves taking ferry to the island. So I didn't get there. Still, it's a good sightseeing day in Xiamen.