Monday 30 December 2019

Hong Kong airport lounges and Cathay Pacific Business Class Hong Kong to Singapore

Coming off my Cathay Dragon flight in Hong Kong, I first proceeded to the Pier lounge, the best lounge among all 4 Cathay lounges.

For any premium passenger originating or transiting in Hong Kong on Cathay flights, one can use any or all of the 4 lounges. Here are the locations for all these business class lounges:

The Deck: near Gate 6
The Wing: near Gates 1 to 4
The Bridge: near Gate 35
The Pier: near Gate 65

The Pier lounge is accessible one level below the gate area.



The Pier business class lounge is very, very long. There are plenty of seats though is crowded at night as well. There is a great selection of buffet food as well as made-to-order food. 

The lounge looks out to the parking area for planes. And I spotted this Cathay Pacific A350 plane.

The lounge also features shower amenities as well. Though I was told I couldn't use the shower due to running out of water. That was close to midnight, I think. Anyway, not a big deal since I could get a shower at the other Cathay lounges.

My second visit that night was to the Bridge lounge, again one floor down

It was smaller than the Pier lounge. But still offers a decent selection of food and beverages.


More empty seats available at this lounge

My third visit was to the Wing, same level as the gate area. I didn't have time to check out this lounge though as I only had 4 hours layover time. 

On the return leg of this ticket in June 2020, I intend to check out the Pier (again), the Wing and the Deck. If my flights go according to schedule, then I will arrive at Hong Kong just past midnight and depart next morning. However, all the lounges closes after midnight and only opens at 0530. So that leaves me under 4 hours to enjoy these lounges !

It was soon boarding time for my flight to Singapore.

Champagnes, a great way to begin a business class flight 😀


This Cathay Pacific A350 aircraft is fitted with camera views outside the plane. Quite cool !


My late night supper or breakfast haha!


A quick flight to Singapore

This is my second time travelling on the Cathay Pacific business class. It's still a good inflight experience, coupled with incredible lounge access at Hong Kong airport. I can't wait to embark on the return leg of this trip !