Friday 27 December 2019

One day in Phuket

After my trip in June, to Russia and then to Hainan Island, China, it seems that my wanderlust causes me to embark yet on another short trip, this time a day trip to Phuket, leaving Singapore in the morning and returning at night.

I booked the flights on Jetstar Asia, a budget airline based in Singapore. I have travelled with the airline multiple times, so I know what to expect when taking the flights. I paid only the starter fares, which includes simply the seat and a 7kg carry-on luggage. I didn't purchase additional amenities such as check-in luggage or seat assignment. Both flights are quick and uneventful, so I won't be reviewing them. This review will mainly be about my day in Phuket.

Early morning at Changi Airport

Outside the Phuket airport terminal

Boarded the Phuket airport bus heading towards the city bus station, which is already waiting in its parking lot outside the domestic terminal. I think the bus leaves only most seats are taken up. 

My first stop of the day is the Phuket trickeye museum. Quite interesting exhibits!




 Wandering around Phuket town

Shophouses with olden day facades. I had my thai lunch in the same area.

After lunch, it's time to visit the temples.

Temples abound, just like Bangkok

Later in the day, I boarded a songthaew bound for the beach


Being a beachside destination, Phuket has many beaches with great views!


When it's time to head back to the airport, I took the other airport bus from the beach area. In the evening peak hours, there are traffic jams along the narrow beachside roads, so do factor in additional time when heading to the airport.


And this is how I spent my one fulfilling day in Phuket!