Wednesday 1 January 2020

American airline flight Shanghai to Los Angeles review

I just had a surprising revelation right now.  In this post, I wanted to recount my American Airline trip from Shanghai to Los Angeles so I checked my flight details and turns out, I had actually booked the return trip last year, instead of what I thought was a one-way flight.

In recent years, I had booked many one-way flights out of convenience, though it is actually more worthwhile to book return tickets. Sometimes, in the midst of my travel planning, I had to give up some air tickets due to better routing. These are usually non-refundable tickets so it's a bit of a waste. Fortunately, I only do this when the ticket cost is quite low. 

The second leg of the flight was booked for March this year, from Los Angeles back to Shanghai. Yup, so that I means I will be visiting the United States this March. And I may have to shelve my Maldives plan to another day. Luckily nothing is booked yet.

Since I'm on the topic of visiting United States, I want to make a list of the American cities that I have visited thus far:

West Coast cities:
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
San Francisco
Seattle
San Diego

East Coast cities:
New York City
Boston
Washington DC
Boston
Orlando

Midwest:
Chicago

Beyond:
Alaska

There are some American cities that I would like to visit as well: Houston, Portland,  Dallas, Atlanta, Miami and Orlando.

Last year, I have visited Orlando Walt Disney World, so I'm thinking of visiting Orlando Universal theme park. Also, I have yet to visit the city of Miami proper, so wanted to go as well.

Yup, right now I'm inclined to actually use the return portion of the ticket rather than letting it go to waste. Since today is January, I should start planning my trip and looking out for cheap air fares. Will update my trip itinerary as the date draws closer!

Back to my American Airlines B787 dreamliner aircraft economy class review. Though I have visited the United States countless times and taken domestic flights countless times, this is actually my first time taking American Airlines, surprisingly. 

My first impression of this aircraft is quite positive. 
PTVs, USB port, power plug at every seat.

2 meals are served on this long haul flight.

Dinner with a bottle of water provided

Breakfast / lunch before landing

Flight map

This is actually a good flight. I think the dreamliner aircraft does improve the comfort level.