Friday 24 January 2020

Walt Disney World Orlando

Having been to the Disneyland in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and Los Angeles, I've been wanting to visit the Walt Disney World, the largest disney theme park in the world.

Coming off my flight in Miami airport, originally I would have wanted to do a night tour in Miami since it's my first time to this city. But then it's getting late at night so I just waited for the RedCoach to Orlando. This is an overnight service from Miami airport to Orlando RedCoach office, arriving in the early morning hours. Thus saving me a night's accommodation cost. The coach office was open and there were some empty seats around. There was a customer service rep on duty but it's alright to just sit and wait in the office.


As soon as day breaks, I booked an uber ride to get me to Walt Disney World. Had an interesting, early morning conversation with the driver!

I was dropped off at the transportation centre, operated by Disney. It runs a fleet of complimentary buses, monorails and even ferry to the 4 major parks. Each park has its own ticket office, though I bought mine online.

Disney buses



My first stop is the Magic Kingdom !


Main Street USA leading to the castle



 
Catch a Disney daytime parade


My next stop is Epcot, a futuristic theme park

An experience in space mission

My third stop is Disney Hollywood Studios


Due to time constraints, I didn't have time to visit Disney Animal Park or even Universal Orlando. At the end of my visit, I went to the disney transportation centre, where I booked an uber ride to send me to Orlando Airport for my onward journey.

It was a funfilled day for me, visiting 3 out of 4 Disney theme parks. I will want to visit Orlando again in the near future, since I have yet to explore Universal Orlando and Disney Animal Park. I can tie this in with a trip to Miami and Fort Lauderdale, as well as a Carribean cruise out of these Florida ports. Ideas for my next U.S. trip !