Friday 24 January 2020

United Airline economy class review Orlando to San Francisco to Singapore

After a great day at Walt Disney World, it was time to head to the airport to catch my flight. I would be taking United Airlines from Orlando to San Francisco and then onward to Singapore.

As I had some time at the airport before my flight, I checked out the United Club at Orlando airport. As with other domestic United Clubs, the food and beverage offerings were quite basic.



The lounge came with a great view of United aircrafts

On my way to San Francisco. This is the reason why I always select a window seat on short haul flights. The sunset is just marvelous to watch!

After deplaning at San Francisco airport, I had some time before my connecting flight, so once again checked out the United Clubs over there. It's basically more of the same.

This lounge is near to my arrival gate, so I checked out this one first.

As I walked towards to my departure gate, I saw another United Club, so I entered this one as well.


It appears that there isn't any other star alliance lounges in San Francisco airport, so I could only access the United Club.

Soon, I boarded my long haul flight bound for Singapore. Always a delight to travel on a B787 aircraft.


Getting ready for the 15 hours 40 minutes flight !

On long haul flights, United Airline serves 2 meals to all Economy class passengers. This is the first meal.

Followed by ice-cream and a bottle of water

A mid-flight snack

Pre-arrival meal: pancakes !

With that, this marks the end of my trip review to Shanghai and the United States. It has been a great, whirlwind trip, thanks to my tight schedule. 

On this trip, I booked quite a number of United domestic flights as the tickets are among the cheapest for where I want to travel and I get lounge access even when travelling on economy class, thanks to my star alliance gold status and United is a member of the alliance. The United Club lounges can be quite underwhelming in terms of food and beverage and amenities, especially for international flights.

Well, in my next series of posts, I will be reviewing my tour of Europe and the Middle East last december. Turns out to be quite an adventure ! 😀