Friday 17 January 2020

United Club lounge @ San Francisco Airport and United flight San Francisco to Vancouver review

There are several United Club domestic lounges spread out in San Francisco airport. The decor varies across the various lounges but the food and beverage offerings are similar, but underwhelming compared to other star alliance lounges around the world.


This is almost all that is offered in the lounge


The lounge has more or less emptied out by late night. So it is a pleasant stay in the lounge for me!

Interesting decor

This particular lounge offers some snacks-to-go. I actually brought some of these out of the lounge and onto my flight to Vancouver. From past experience, I knew the in-flight complimentary offerings are very limited in domestic economy class.

My late night flight from San Francisco to Vancouver is operated by a B737 aircraft.

This is one of the United B737 aircraft that still offers the inflight entertainment screen. At present, United already offers complimentary online streaming of entertainment options on our personal devices. So there is actually no need to use the TV screen at all.

The rationale of getting to Vancouver is to position for my American Airlines business class flight from Vancouver to St Maarten, though I have to give up the last leg due to my commitments. My United flight reached Vancouver in the early morning hours and my American Airline flight was due to depart around 6 in the morning. So basically I was in Canada for about 5 hours before returning to the United States. 

Though I would have liked to visit Canada again, I simply couldn't allocate the time. Likewise, I didn't have time to visit St Maarten in the Caribbean or even Miami as well. Looks like I really need to find time to visit the Caribbean, likely on a cruise out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Not this year though, since I already have plans for my trip this June 😀.

Still, the American Airline business class was a sweet treat and a good experience. Read on my subsequent posts for my flight experience!