Wednesday 1 January 2020

Spring Airline flight Singapore to Shanghai and Shanghai Disneyland

Spring Airline, a budget airline based in China, has a daily overnight from Singapore, arriving into Shanghai early morning. It is well suited for my schedule that I save a night's accommodation.

Spring Airline departs from Changi Airport terminal 4, the newest terminal in Singapore. What sets terminal 4 apart from the rest of the terminals is the centralized security screening process, and is more often than not without any queues. I arrived at the airport close to 1 hour before departure, so there wasn't any queue at the check-in counter as well. This makes for a really quick and easy way to get to the boarding gate.

Being a budget airline, there is no PTVs, only buy-on-board food and beverages.



Food is largely Chinese or Asian cuisine

That's my late night meal.

We deplaned on stairs at Shanghai airport

My first destination of the day is Shanghai Disneyland. Easily reached by train from the airport, with several transfers though.




I guess it's the only Disneyland together with Hong Kong that features Chinese characters 


Orlando. That's my next stop on this trip !


With some time left in Shanghai, I took the train into the city

Oriental Pearl tower in Shanghai


上海 豫園. This is a ticketed attraction. It covers a big area and one of my favourite in Shanghai. 

Soon, I head back towards the airport to catch my transpacific flight to the United States.