Monday 20 January 2020

American Airline Los Angeles flagship lounge review

American Airlines has a flagship lounge in Los Angeles airport. It can be accessed by premium passengers travelling in American Airline or oneworld premium class on international flights. For domestic flights, only certain premium transcontinental routes quality.

For the Los Angeles to Miami route that I'm flying, it is operated by a B777-300ER for a limited time. Though it isn't considered a premium route, I believe the airline made an exception for its premium passengers to access this lounge. Otherwise, if operated by a narrowbody, I doubt I can access this lounge.

This lounge is very well-equipped for a U.S. lounge. It is huge, and was crowded when I visited. There are plenty of seating, with high quality and wide variety of food and beverages. There are shower amenities available as well.

The lounge offers views of aircraft

Food stations include made-to-order crepe 

Buffet area


Having a meal of crepes before my flight

This lounge is definitely one of the better lounges operated by a U.S.-based airline.