Monday 1 December 2014

First post: Life is short, so live it to the fullest !

Hi everyone ! I'm Shuwei. This is my first blog post. I would like to dedicate this blog to my hobby, travelling. Yes, travelling has been my hobby since 2008. Before then, I have only traveled once, to Bangkok, Thailand, when I was 12 years old. (I have been in and out of M'sia many times, mostly to JB, but let's discount that.)

Why 2008? Because that is the time when I was learning Japanese language at a community center. My teacher was a native Japanese man. He was very, very (many times) passionate about all things Japanese. He did not just teach us the language, but he also introduced us to his country, the culture, the traditions and on and on. I enjoyed learning to speak and understand the language, as well as the country. To sum it up, he inspired me to actually visit his country.

So in 2008, I decided to make my 2nd overseas trip in my life, to Japan. I was fascinated by everything in Japan, from their culture, lifestyles, food, everything ! More importantly, I was able to practise what I have learnt, by conserving in Japanese with the locals over there. One of them, a petite young lady, a worker at Tokyo Disneyland, was surprised and chuckling when she heard me asking a question in Japanese! (I'm a Chinese and look pretty much like one)

Coming back from Japan, I was still excited over my trip to Japan, that in a month's time, I had planned and embarked on my 3rd overseas trip, this time to Hong Kong. Soon, a 4th trip, 5th, 6th and on.

Till today, after visiting 30 countries at last count, I am still very passionate about travelling. Every time I get very excited about visiting another country. Travelling is an expensive hobby, depending on the places that you visit, the number of days you spent, and the extent of creature comforts that you opt for. Coming from a low income family, and saving my hard earned money over the years, I am fortunate to be able to travel overseas and see the world. Every (safe) country is worth a visit, for there are new experiences I learn, which I cannot get from books.

As I'm writing this, I am eagerly anticipating my trip to London and Europe in a few days. I will share photos with everyone when I return. 

Thank you sensei, for enriching my life in this world.

No comments: