Friday 12 December 2014

Hong Kong '08

Travelling is a luxury. I'm very grateful that I have the means, physically and financially, to see the world. Not exactly the whole world, there are some places that I will never go because it is not safe or because there isn't much to see. Till today, 12 december 2014, I have explored much of Asia, Australia and Europe. So one of my new year resolution for 2015 is to visit North America, mainly US and Canada.

In every trip, I will always learn something new, about life, about people, about cultures. 

In life, I am easily contented. I do not chase after material luxuries, branded stuff, ... I grow up in a blissful family. I have my mother and father and brother. Though we are not rich, but I can say that I have a happy childhood. It has never bothered me one bit that I am not rich. Throughout my education, I am thankful for all my friends, starting from primary, secondary, jc, ns and nus. My friends are all of good character and they have helped me along in my life journey. I want to thank my God, for making me an able person. Though I know I am not perfect, but I want to strive in everything I do. I do not want to let anyone down.

I am proud to say that I have few regrets in life and I turned out fine. If time can be turned back, I will still live as in the past. The only thing that I will want to change is to learn more skills when I was young, in music and sports. Now I am probably a bit old and not enough time to learn these. But anyway, no regrets.:) Life is short, so we should not waste time in regrets. We must move on to live today and hope that tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Enough said. Below is my Hong Kong trip in 2008, just one month after visiting Japan.

Madame Tussauds, one of my favourites

Next went to Ocean Park

View from Ocean Park is great !!

A temple at Repulse Bay

One of these houses belonged to jackie chan, not sure if he still owns them now?


Fisherman Village

This was a short trip, so I didn't get to visit disneyland. Fortunately, I make up for it in my next jaunt to Hong Kong, in 2009. Stay tuned:)

No comments: