Monday 29 December 2014

Ho Chi Minh City - May '10

This is my first time in Vietnam. Till now I have been there 3 times, each time to a different city. As the photo below shows, Vietnam is a developing country. To me, I like to visit both developed and developing countries. Though it is lacking in infrastructure, it does offer a different insight into the everyday life of the locals and the history it reveals. It is a mere 1.5 hours flight from Singapore. Ho Chi Minh city is not really a popular tourist destination. Rather it is business travellers who will come here. But the 2 famous attractions here are the Mekong river cruise and the cu chi tunnels. 

Street scene

Ben Thanh Market. Go there for its cheap souvenirs

Mekong river cruise

My boatman. They earn a living on these tourist cruises

My selfie :)

Now we are at the cu chi tunnels. This is a retired real tank.

Yes, we can pay to shoot live rounds here

The tunnels. I did climb in. Claustrophobic

Coming out for fresh air!!

No comments: