Thursday 26 July 2018

A continental travel milestone

By end of 2018, if my travel wish were to come true, I would have traveled to 6 continents of the world. My travels thus far has taken me to most of Asia, 


 Europe, 



Australia and 



North America multiple times.



In South America, I have been to Chile and Easter Island.


This leaves the Africa continent. I have recently booked cheap fares on Easyjet to fly from London to Morocco (in Northern Africa) at the end of 2018, as part of my European tour. Not sure why, but I keep returning to Europe multiple times.

Of course, there is the seventh continent, where not many people have stepped foot on, the Antarctica. As much as I would like to visit the polar ice caps and see penguins and others, realistically I'm not likely to visit it any time soon, if at all.

The exorbitant cost is certainly the one and important factor. Since I'm based in Asia, getting to anywhere on South America is expensive. From there, tour packages to the Antarctica is even more expensive. It is hard for me to justify spending a fortune just to visit it, when I can spend that money to travel to many other countries instead. So, it will definitely be the last, or one of the last places on Earth that I will ever visit.

To me, having stepped foot on 6 continents is already a huge milestone for me. And I felt humbled and fortunate enough to have explored these continents. "Humbled" in the sense that the world is just so big. Every trip that I have taken taught me so many things, history, culture, interaction, even values in life. "Fortunate" as in being physically, mentally and financially able to have gone overseas at all.

As with the uncertainties in life, I'm not sure how long I would still be able to travel. But I do know that time and tide wait for no man.

South America is a continent that I would  certainly explore again in December 2019. Probably on a cruise between Buenos Aires and Chile. Where I can see the Chilean fjords and passing by the southern tip of South America.

In Africa, I would like to visit South Africa in 2019 as well, in particular Cape Town to see the table mountain and cape of good hope.

Yup, so these are my current travel plans for 2019, in addition to Russia, which I mentioned in an earlier post, subject to change of course. Here's to hoping my travel wish will come true 😀