Saturday 14 July 2018

My upcoming travel plans - an update

My coming September travel plan is slowly taking shape. Recently, I have booked myself on Fiji Airways from Singapore via Fiji to Los Angeles.

First reason being, this is among the cheapest option to position myself to the United States for my return portion of my SQ Business class flight from New York City via Frankfurt to Singapore. 

The cheapest option is actually on Philippines Airlines via Manila. But online reviews has not been exactly favourable.

Second reason, this will give me an opportunity to visit Fiji for the first time. There is a layover of 10 hours which will give me sufficient time to book a short tour of Nadi and hopefully Desaru. According to online research, there are some tour agencies located at the airport. Otherwise, I could probably head out to Desaru for a visit myself.

From Los Angeles, I have yet to decide how to get to New York City for my return flight. I will be spending 3 days in the United States. My preferred choice is to visit Orlando in Florida. I have a desire, for some time now, to visit Walt Disney World, the biggest of all disney theme parks, as well as the Universal Studios over there. Though I will most likely have to leave this to another day. Yup, in the meantime, I'm regularly monitoring flight prices hoping for some cheap fares. Haha !

So come this September, I will be literally doing my first, albeit quick, round-the-world trip. Going from Asia via the Pacific to North America, then across the Atlantic towards Europe, finally across Europe and coming back to Asia.

Next, for my not-so-distant december trip. It will be once again another worldwide trip. If things go on smoothly, I should be travelling for the first time to Central Asia. This is due to the Asiana business class fares which I booked earlier. 

December will also see me in Europe, thanks to the cheap Turkish airlines long haul economy fares originating from Europe. While there, I will travel to Morocco, having just booked reasonably priced tickets on Easyjet from London to Marrakech, Morocco. I'm also considering parts of Eastern Europe such as Prague, Sofia and Bucharest. No concrete plans yet though.

As there is still some time to December, I'm still keeping my options open and waiting for more cheap fares to appear. 😀

Seems that I have deeply caught the travel bug! I always felt great in planning my next travel itinerary, and especially happy if I managed to book really cheap fares. I guess having had the fortune to travel to different parts of the world, I get to see some really beautiful views that I don't see at home. 

Think the Swiss alps in summer...


Or the mysterious Moais on Easter Island...

It is places like these that continues to encourage me to explore other parts of the world. As good as travelling sounds, I'm fully aware that this hobby costs alot.

Which is why, I have decided, from next year onward, I will not just randomly book cheap fares just to take advantage of the costs, but rather, only focus on fares to destinations that I really want to visit. Otherwise, I will find myself returning to Europe every now and then.

To reduce my travel budget, I have decided to limit my travels in 2019, hopefully to just South Africa, Russia and South America. These are places that I desire to visit. 

Right now, nothing else entice me more. I have been to most of the big cities of the world, and having fulfilled my own bucket list, now I travel not to tick off any list, but to discover more about the world.

I'm thankful for each day I live and I do not take anything for granted. So I tend to live each day like my last. This way, I'm more appreciative of the people and environment around me. This belief also shapes the way I travel, wanting to travel to different places, rather than returning to the same place each time. As I know we all have a limited lifetime and I want to make full use of whatever available time I have in my life to explore the world.

Yup, enough of these serious thoughts. In the meantime, I will keep myself in good health and continue to work hard to earn my travelling funds. 😀