Wednesday 18 July 2018

Great Business Class fare from Johannesburg to South America !

Recently I learnt about a business class fare deal online which is going on for days now. Latam Airlines flight on business class costs ~S$1250 direct from Johannesburg to Brazil (GRU) return. 

And for a couple of hundreds more, you can travel onwards to Argentina (EZE) and Chile (SCL). Some of the short haul international flights within South America is on Latam economy or premium economy class on their narrowbody aircraft.

A search on google flight also shows the possibility of booking flights on a combination of Latam as well as KLM or Emirates, both on their B777 business class.

This fare do really entice me. This will be a new flight routing for me. I have never travelled intercontinental flights across the South Atlantic Ocean. Moreover, this will give me the chance to visit both South Africa and South America. Also, it will give me the opportunity to try out business class on Emirates and KLM.

Previously, I have taken Latam Airlines business class from Mexico City via Chile to Easter Island, all sectors on their B787 dreamliner aircraft , featuring 2-2-2 seating configuration. The downside of this, no direct aisle access for passengers like me who prefer window seats. It can be a hassle if I need to get to the aisle.

For this business class fare, the atlantic crossing will be taken on Latam B767 aircraft featuring similar business class seating arrangement, but probably narrower due to the smaller width of the B767 compared to B787 aircraft.

Also, for longer layover in Brazil, I'm not sure whether a yellow fever certificate is required.

Sadly, I have decided to exercise some restrain here and not to book this great fare. Though I intended to visit these destinations, but I would prefer to go in December next year, rather than this year, as I have fixed part of my travelling itinerary this December. Booking this fare will greatly increase my travelling expenditure, not to mention positioning flights to South Africa.

Another time perhaps!