Thursday 19 July 2018

A Russian travel aspiration for June 2019

It is always a good idea to set milestones for myself, to make life more meaningful. Though I have earlier said that I live my life on a day-by-day basis, which is still true today, that doesn't stop me from setting tomorrow's goals. It is these goals that give me directions in life and motivates me to keep myself in good shape to live the next day.

So with that, I have set myself some travelling aspirations for June 2019. I know it's still a long time till then. It doesn't really matter to me whether these aspirations come to fruition by then. These are just some things to look forward to in my life.

Anyway, I intend to visit Russia in June 2019. From Stockholm, I will embark on the St Peter Line cruise. The cruise itinerary includes stops at Helsinki, St Petersburg and Tallinn. It also comes with a 3-day visa free stay at St Petersburg, allowing me to explore the city! I hope this current arrangement continues till then.

Upon ending the cruise at Helsinki, I will hop over to Copenhagen, spend a day or two at visiting the city and Legoland. Then I will fly on Aeroflot, a Russian airline, to Tehran, Iran. The flight will transit at Moscow, where I will allow myself a long daytime layover, in both directions, to visit Moscow twice, with a hired tour guide.

After Moscow, I will continue on to Tehran, Iran. I will get around Tehran on its metro, with favourable online reviews. Then, I will take the overnight train to Shiraz and hire a tour guide to visit Persepolis.

So this is my travelling plan for June 2019. Fingers crossed it will come to fruition. 😀