Thursday 5 July 2018

Updated list of countries visited

After my June 2018 big trip to Europe, America and Asia, I thought it is timely to update on my list of countries that I have visited:

1. Malaysia
2. Thailand
3. Indonesia
4. Philippines
5. Vietnam
6. Cambodia
7. Myanmar
8. China
9. Hong Kong
10. Taiwan
11. India
12. Sri Lanka
13. Australia
14. New Zealand
15. Brunei
16. Laos
17. Japan
18. South Korea
19. Greece
20. Turkey
21. Holland
22. France
23. Britain
24. Switzerland
25. Denmark
26. Norway
27. Sweden
28. Finland
29. Estonia
30. Latvia
31. Lithunia
32. Hungary
33. Poland
34. Brussels
35. Germany
36. Italy
37. United States
38. Chile
39. Canada
40. Iceland
41. Spain
42. Portugal
43. Mexico City
44. Macedonia
45. Vienna
46. Oman
47. UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi)
48. Qatar

The world is just so big. There are many, many exciting and fascinating countries I have yet to visit.

Just to name a few. Ireland, countries in Africa, South America, Eastern Europe and Russia and its hinterland Siberia.

There are some countries so big that I feel that I have barely explored them. Southern Italy for example. I have visited Rome, Florence and Venice. I will have liked to visit Cinque terre. This time, I have almost made plans to visit there, but had to adjust my itinerary due to my booking of the promotional SQ business class fare. 

In the United States, I have visited California on the West Coast and New York on the East Coast. This is what I believe the majority of tourists are visiting as well. Texas and the Midwest area sounds interesting to me as well. 

So just yesterday, I have made plans to visit Chicago with the Asiana business class fare, Orlando for the theme parks walt disney world, where it all started, as well as universal studios, and Miami.

Finally, China. A huge country. I feel that I can blend in as a local easily. Haha! I have been to China at least five times, been to Beijing, Shanghai Jiangnan, Guangzhou, Sichuan and Yunnan province. Yet there are still so many cities I would have liked to visit: Fujian, Chongqing three gorges, Jiuzhaigou the fairytale city and Hainan Island to name a few.

Yup, so I'm taking one country at a time. As much as my budget allows. Now it is even more limited with a change in my work environment.