Sunday 11 January 2015

Australia '11

Today I came across newspaper articles, some of which attracted my attention. They were along the lines that life is short, and money is not everything. As I read, I cannot agree more. Many of us spent all our lives pursuing our educational qualifications, degrees, then we spent most of our adult lives working and slogging hard to earn and save money. By the time we felt that we have earned enough, or that we can retire, we often find that we are not able to spend our wealth comfortably. Old age usually comes with all sorts of sickness, and mobility can be an issue. Yes, by that time we have money but we are not happy.

When we are working hard, many times we find that we are not happy, but still we tolerate and work hard for the sake of earning money to support ourselves, our families, our dependents. 

I too, strive to work hard. Over the past few years, I have been working hard, even harder than some of the senior ranked colleagues in my profession (as I was told). I got my hard earned salary and my bonus, unfortunately lesser than most other professions. I saved a portion, and spent the rest on my travels. 

I know I should have saved more, but I cannot resist the urge to travel. Well, that's my hobby. And until today, I have considered it money well spent. Not a bit of regret. It's like some other people spent it on branded bags, etc. 

By now, I have realized that time is not waiting for us. Every second that passes by is a second lost. Saving money is important, yes, but I want to enjoy it at the current moment. Our time on earth is limited. I want to enjoy as much of my life as is possible.

Not enough money? Well, I'm still working, and still continue to receive my salary. I don't mind not earning much. I'm not after luxuries, big cars or big houses. I'm contented with living simply. Have a little extras to spend on my travels. This is good enough for me.

Okay, enough about my thoughts. These are photos of my second trip to Australia in 2011. I almost forgot about it as I was looking at my 2012 travel photos. This time I went to Perth and Gold Coast.

Cruise in Brisbane

Warner Bros Movie World in Gold Coast



Somehow these buildings remind me of Disneyland and Universal Studios

Harry Potter shop



Live performance of Batman

Surfers Paradise in Gold Coast

Manly Harbour

Loved the seaside, so peaceful:)


Went to Fremantle, a train ride from Perth. They have this free shuttle around town, very convenient to explore the city.


Seaside again!

In the Australia science museum. Someday I want to visit Pythagoras in Greece. His statue I mean

Perth city



Me and kangaroos at Caversham Wildlife Park

Me and koala. Think it's sleeping

Sheep shearing demo. Impressive.

At peace

Sundial. Used to tell the time from its shadow

No comments: