Monday 19 January 2015

Hanoi '12

Hanoi was my third trip to Vietnam. To me, the country seems to have a slower pace, laid back lifestyle and beautiful environment. I spent a few days wandering around Hanoi old city as well as travelling to Halong Bay, a UNESCO world heritage site. The limestone cliffs are just breathtaking. 

I will let the pictures do the talking..

By the city lake





The harbour where we board the boat to Halong Bay

This picture reminds me that we are the only tourists on this big boat to Halong Bay! Wonder how much does it cost to have the whole boat to ourselves...


We have the whole boat to ourselves to take photos of the very beautiful scenery



On a small boat to tour the caves at Halong Bay


The cliffs are majestic and the surrounding seas are so peaceful. This is the reason why I like to travel on the sea.


Visiting the cave on foot



Sunset on our way back to Hanoi 






Trishaw ride in the old city of Hanoi

Hanoi street scene. So many people share the road..

No comments: