Saturday 17 January 2015

Europe '12

My very first trip to Europe! And plenty of snow to keep me happy:)


Cuckoo clock in Switzerland

Snow capped mountain views from the plane

At Switzerland airport. No, I did not take this plane. Instead, I took Turkish airlines from Singapore. It took 10 hours to reach Istanbul followed by a 3 hour ride to Zurich.

Chapel bridge in Lucerne



What is interesting about these buildings is the art deco on the walls



At the top of Mount Titlis


An ice cave

Watching sunset



Pretty houses in Colmar



Heidelberg castle

No, I'm not in New York. That will be for another time

Cathedral in Cologne, Germany


Cruising the rivers in Amsterdam

Volendam, Netherlands

Pretty windmills in Zaanse Schans



Wooden clogs are features of Netherland

The Atomium in Belgium

Manneken pis

The Grand Place, at night in Belgium

Paris Eiffel Tower, on my dream list. Finally seeing it makes me so excited!



Arc de Triomphe, Paris

River Seine


Eiffel Tower seen from a cruise on River Seine


The Louvre museum in Paris

Mona Lisa portrait, the most seen artwork in the Louvre



The inverted triangle below the Louvre




Eiffel Tower light up




Montmartre

No comments: