Friday 16 January 2015

Danang, Vietnam '12

Danang is not really a popular tourist destination, at least not prominently featured in Singapore, compared to other Vietnamese cities like Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh city. But when I was there, I felt that the city, together with Hoi An, was really beautiful. 

The best thing was that there are not throngs of crowds at the attractions, so I can wander around the place peacefully.

Silkair is the only airline that flies from Singapore direct to Danang. The return trip was via Cambodia, Siem Reap. Everyone has to deplane and wait at the transit area. I think less than an hour.

View from the plane




A developing country with a big modern airport

View from my hotel room

Can take the lift if you don't want to climb up. I personally feel that the modern lift is out of place in this mountain area.

Pagoda

Famous mountain in Danang! Impressive!


Hoi An city, a Unesco World Heritage site

An ancient bridge

Traditional fishing net

A colourful bridge

Street of Hoi An. It gets less touristy when one walks further in

A temple by the sea

Great seaview!

The Goddess of Mercy



No comments: