Thursday 1 January 2015

Japan '10

My 2nd trip to Japan in 2010. I still went to visit Tokyo and Kyoto. These cities still hold many memories for me. I also went to Hokkaido in winter. Another opportunity to see snowing there, and it's really heavy snowing! Now why am I so excited about snowing? You see, I live in Singapore, and we basically get the same hot and humid weather all year around. So no chance to see snow. Fake snow yes, but not real ones.

Can still see red autumn leaves in december

Blissfulness

Visited one of Japan's many temples

Somewhere in Kyoto

Loves Japanese food

Nonomiya shrine

Their shopping mall. Usually looks the same in every city, with the curved roof

Reminds me of Shibuya crossing



At peace

At Okayama

Okayama castle


Water mill

Himeji. An old habit

Himeji castle. Sadly, it closed when we arrived. We spent too much time shopping along the streets

On the lookout for kimono wearing ladies. No, not stalking..haha

Nijo castle, Kyoto


The famous Kyomizu temple


Taking a photo of 2 kimono wearing ladies taking a selfie

On the way to Hokkaido.. first signs of snow. We need to change trains several times from Kyoto to Hokkaido. From shinkansen to local trains

First thing we did at Hokkaido

A chocolate biscuit factory




Not just any factory, but  famous white lovers chocolate 白い恋人  Had to buy some home. So good!!

Sapporo tower. So dark at 5:02 in the evening


Spotted the beloved santa claus at the christmas market

Snowing at night. Feels so ... 

Sulfur pool. Very strong smell. By right this is off limits. But we just went in

Hell valley. This place is deserted. Very, very few people. It turn dark so fast that we almost had trouble getting out of here. The map is somehow inaccurate. It was totally dark (no streetlights unlike Singapore) and no traffic and very cold. Fortunately, a van came along after eternity and we hitchhike it to the nearest human civilization. Otherwise, I'm not sure whether I can still blog here. 

Must eat in Hokkaido. It's not cheap, but worth every cent


Christmas light up. Many people were taking photos, but honestly I feel Singapore's light up is many times better

The sleeper train from Hokkaido to Tokyo. I'm pretty sure we are the only passengers in this train carriage.

Asakusa temple in Tokyo

First time I came, there was no time to shop here. Now I must really take my time to poke around

Tokyo tower. Looks similar to the Sapporo tower right?

Pay homage to Mount Fuji, in the bullet train


A train ride later, we are in Nikko





This is Harajuku. All the young must come! This is the fashion shopping area. And the creme is excellent! 

took the Tokyo tram, heading to nowhere. I believed i am the only tourist on board.

Got down to wander around the suburbs. This is far away from the tourist areas

My favourite!! Conveniently located at the train station

No comments: