Sunday 14 October 2018

A very quick visit to Kobe, Japan June'18

The purpose of this trip is simply to complete the return leg of my SQ business class on the B787-10 latest regional business class.

Though I had ordered the SQ book-the-cook meal, I decided to try for the ever popular Hanakoreki meal, which can only be ordered in-flight. Fortunately, it is still available by the time the flight attendant took my order. I was not given the Japanese appetizer though. But it's alright. I had tasted it on my first leg.


The Hanakoreki meal, as delicious as ever

Complimentary 30MB in-flight wifi for business class

This is my second short trip to Osaka in a month. I had a few hours in the day before taking the Scoot flight home.

As much as I like to visit the Osaka Universal Studios or Aquarium, I did not really have enough time for a proper tour. Hence, I decided to visit Kobe instead.

Kobe is very near to Osaka. There is even a ferry connection direct from Osaka airport to Kobe airport. Tickets can be purchased from the ferry counter landside arrivals area. The ticket includes a shuttle bus connection from the airport to the pier. It is a seamless connection from the bus onto the ferry. Once reached Kobe airport, there is a free shuttle bus to the monorail station towards the city.




Once reached Kobe city, I just had a walk in the downtown area.


Covered shopping mall

Flower clock



Kobe shrine

Before long, I was on the ferry again back to Kobe.

My return flight back to Singapore is once again on Scoot, a budget airline based in Singapore. I had once again upgraded to Scootbiz through its bidding program. I had reviewed my previous Scootbiz flight from Singapore to Osaka, so will not repeat for the return sector.

Yup, with that, I had completed the review of my mid-2018 tour. A fantastic and rewarding tour. The highlights include a trip to the exotic Svalbard and Faroe Islands in Europe. A treat for myself on the SQ business class from India all the way to New York City and of course, a chance to experience SQ regional business class on the B787-10 aircraft.

In my next post, I shall review my short but exciting round-the-world September trip.