Friday 5 October 2018

Swiss Airlines New York City - Zurich - Hong Kong flight review

From New York City, I took Swiss Airlines A330 aircraft on an overnight flight to Zurich. I then had a great day layover in Zurich, then on another B777 aircraft on an overnight flight again, this time to Hong Kong. 

In Hong Kong, I remained in the airport due to the short connection time onto a regional flight in SQ economy class back to Singapore. I used the SQ mobile to check in earlier, so was able to use the transit passage instead of having to pass through immigration twice.

Swiss Airlines offer a comfortable economy class product, at least on their long haul A330 and B777 aircraft. For the economical price I paid on this one-way routing from the United States to Europe to Asia, it was very well worth it. 

PTV at every seat

Hot meal paired with complimentary wine

Atlantic crossing

Breakfast box before landing

Not sure why, on the Zurich to Hong Kong sector, almost the entire flight consists of Hong Kong passengers. The use of familiar Cantonese dialect was evident throughout the flight. Even my seatmates is a friendly, middle-aged couple!