Monday 29 October 2018

SQ A380 business class JFK to Frankfurt to Singapore flight review

This is the sole reason for me to embark on my quick round-the-world trip. The return leg of my SQ business class flight from New York City via Frankfurt to Singapore.

I took the first leg of the flight in June. Currently SQ operates two daily flights from Singapore to Frankfurt. A daytime flight on the B77w aircraft and the more popular overnight flight on the A380 aircraft. 

This particular ticket requires me to travel on the daytime flight, overnight in Frankfurt (which I did in the airport airside) and continue to New York City on the A380 the next day.

Fortunately for the return leg, there is no such restriction. So I took the A380 all the way to Singapore, with a short layover in the Frankfurt lounge for a quick shower.

By now, I have travelled in SQ business class on various routes, on the A330, B787-10, B77w and A380. The SIN-FRA-JFK route being my second time. With top-notch service, excellent food and beverages and a flat bed, well, except on the A330 aircraft, but otherwise it is always pleasant to travel with SQ, one of the best airline in the world. 


Excellent food from the book-the-cook menu

Complimentary 30MB wifi for all premium class passengers

Only the Frankfurt outbound leg features the satay service

A great way to complete my round-the-world trip !