Friday 19 October 2018

Fiji Airways Sydney-Nadi-Los Angeles flight review

While checking in for my Fiji Airways flight at Sydney airport, I just realized that Sydney airport actually has shower rooms both landside and airside. I recalled seeing two rooms landside and one room airside. 

The best thing is, they are free to use, first-come-first-served. As I have available time before boarding, I decided to try out the shower airside. The room is equipped with hot shower and toilet facility. And that's about it. No soap, shampoo, towel or any other amenity is provided. Still, it's better than no shower. Hopefully, other airports around the world provide such basic shower rooms free.

On to my Fiji Airways flights. Both sectors Sydney to Nadi and then Nadi to Los Angeles are operated by A330 aircrafts, which I believe is the only aircraft type that it has for long haul flights. Economy class seats are arranged in the typical 2-4-2 configuration. Seat wise is fairly comfortable, as any other premium carriers. 

PTV, in-flight literature, headphone and usb port at each seat

For the short sydney to nadi sector, one hot meal is provided. Wines are complimentary.

 Checking out the flight route. It's my first time crossing the Pacific from the South.

Nadi airport offers free wifi, albeit for 30 minutes only. 

On the second longer flight to Los Angeles, two meals are served. Dinner...

And breakfast


Taking Fiji Airways economy class is a good way to cross the Pacific. Nadi airport is a small airport, with few retail shops and eateries airside. There are many locally-produced merchandise and souvenirs for purchase. Prices are reasonable as well for an airport. 

I stayed within the transit area since it's a short layover. It's a full flight on the second sector to Los Angeles. Although there is supposed to be a second security check at the gate, it seems that only random checks are carried out instead on some passengers on the walk towards the plane. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to visit Fiji this time. Hopefully, I can take Fiji Airways again and have a long layover for me to explore Fiji !