Monday 22 October 2018

Delta airlines Los Angeles to Orlando flight review

I booked this Delta flight to Orlando just two days before the flight departure. That was when I learnt of the changes to my Fiji Airways flight. I needed an alternative overnight flight from Los Angeles to Orlando and this flight suits my timing and budget.

This is probably the second time I'm taking Delta airlines. I have vague memories of taking my first Delta international flight from Singapore to Tokyo on my trip to Japan many years ago.

Still, this is my first time taking Delta on a U.S. domestic flight, and on a B757 aircraft, a type that is seldom seen in Asia. I believe this is my second time on a B757 aircraft. The first time was on a return Icelandair flight from Glasgow to Reykjavik, Iceland. Icelandair operates mainly B757 aircrafts, connecting Europe and United States via their Reykjavik hub.

The B757 aircraft is an longer version of the narrowbody aircraft, with a 3-3 seating configuration.


My first U.S. transcontinental flight from West to East

This is the extent of service on this flight, typical of a U.S. domestic flight or even European regional flight in economy class. For a flight of this length on a premium carrier, I wish they could serve more food and drinks, just like Asian premium carriers.


There is PTV at every seat, but unfortunately the entertainment function is not working. Only the seatmap and some tv shows are functioning. For a domestic overnight flight, it is not a big concern. Overall, the flight itself is alright.