Tuesday 23 October 2018

Frontier Airlines Orlando to Philadelphia flight review

Frontier airlines is a budget carrier with domestic flights in the United States. Its fares are lower than premium carriers, though not as low as Ryanair's fares in Europe for the same distance flown.

For this sector, Frontier's flight came out the cheapest for the date I wanted, so I quickly booked the flight.

I'm connecting between two domestic flights at Orlando airport. As my arriving and departing flights are in two different terminals, I have to exit and re-enter security. Given the extremely long queues I encountered in the early morning, this adds considerable waiting time. My connection time of 1.5 hours is just sufficient.

I have checked in online through the airline's app and has a mobile boarding pass, so I need not check in at the airport, saving me some time.

Unfortunately, due to my Fiji Airways flight changes, I'm not able to visit the Orlando theme parks this time. I'll certainly revisit Orlando again in the near future.

Anyway, Frontier airlines is a no frills airline. Nothing is provided complimentary. For this short haul segment, I'm alright with it. This sector is flown with an Airbus A321 aircraft in a 3-3 seating configuration.



Legroom, pitch and comfort level is similar to any other budget airline. Most importantly, this flight departs and arrives on time. If the fares are the cheapest, I would definitely fly with Frontier again on a domestic route.

Thus far, these are the airlines I have taken on the U.S. domestic route:
Alaska airlines
Delta airlines
Frontier airlines
Virgin America (before it merged with Alaska airlines)

This year end, I will have the opportunity to try out United airlines as well as Delta airlines (again) on a domestic route.

Next time, I hope to try out other U.S. budget carriers Southwest and Spirit airlines. Southwest airlines doesn't participate in google flight searches so need to access the airline's website for fares. For premium carriers, I will like to try out American airlines.