Monday 22 October 2018

One day in Los Angeles

My Fiji Airways flight arrived Los Angeles flight at mid-day. My Delta airlines flight is due to depart at night for Orlando. This leaves me with about 9 hours in the city.

This is my second time to Los Angeles. The first time was some years back and I have explored the theme parks Disneyland and Universal Studio as well as Hollywood boulevard.

This time round, I decided to just wander along Hollywood boulevard and catch the crazy rich asian movie at the chinese mann theatre. The movie showtimes are available online and is suitable for me.



From LAX airport, there is the convenient flyaway shuttle linking the airport with several routes into the city, one of which is Hollywood. 

Fortunately, the shuttle arrived after a short wait. It is actually not full at all, so tickets can be bought on-board with the driver using credit card only. No cash payment at all. The hollywood shuttle stop is marked with a stand. So after my visit to Hollywood, I returned to the same spot to catch the waiting shuttle back to the airport.

Anyway, after alighting the shuttle, it is about a 30 minute walk to where the happening area of Hollywood is. I took a guided tour of the Chinese mann theatre. It is informative and fun.

LAX flyaway shuttle timing at the stop

Hollywood walk of fame


The famed Hollywood sign. The actual sign is actually on a hill some distance away, but visible from Hollywood boulevard.
 
Grand interior of the mann theatre

Chinese mann theatre red curtains

star wars costume on display inside the mann theatre

Next, I checked out the adjacent Hollywood & Highland shopping mall.

Last but not least, I went to watch the crazy rich asian movie in an almost empty theatre in the shopping mall. A great hollywood movie that features some popular attractions of Singapore such as Gardens by the Bay, Merlion Park and MBS. I left just before the movie ended and hurried back to catch the shuttle back to the airport.

All in all, a great day spent in Los Angeles, a.k.a. la la land !